PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 5, 2011

All Hallows Eve Wall Hanging


This is the project I made to demonstrate at Close To My Heart convention Extravaganza! It is a fun little project that is easy to make for a Halloween decoration.  I purchased a plain tile from Lowe's Hardware for .67 for the base and then used the stamp set All Hallows Eve (C1462) for the stamped design.


I stamped the images with VersaMark (Z891) and then embossed with black (Z670) and silver (Z669) embossing powder and heat set using the Craft Heater (Z555).  The images take longer to embossed than on paper so just keep holding the heater and give it a minute to heat up the tile.  


Next, I sponged the tile using Sunflower Re-Inker (Z2250) first and then just the edges with Sunset (Z2291).  This ink takes a while to dry so I placed the tile in my oven warmed to 200 degrees and cooked it for an hour at 200 degrees.  The colors will look dull when you take the tile out of the oven but don't worry, the liquid glass brings the color back to life.  I let the tile cool before proceeding to the next step.

To finish the wall hanging, I added a few sparkles, and then covered the entire tile with liquid glass.  I used a spatula to smooth the liquid glass all the way to the edges and let it sit for 24 hours to completely dry.  Finally, I used liquid glass to adhere a ribbon to the back and lined the back with cork board shelf liner.  There you go - a beautiful wall hanging for Halloween!!  Let me know what you think of this home accent project.  If you were in my class, let me know how you liked it.
Hugs,
Denise

1 comment:

Mary K. Parker said...

Thanks so much Denise. Your workshop at Convention was my favorite. I'm part of HeartPrints so we're actually "HeartSisters" too.